When you use the mobile application & ebike service (ESB eBikes), the persons responsible (‘Controllers’) for the collection, processing and use of your personal data through the use of the mobile applications are: MOBY Bikes Ltd, DCU Alpha Innovative Campus, Old Finglas Road, Glasnevin, Dublin 11. And: ShareBike AS, Vollsveien 13C, 1366 Lysaker, Norway. We act as joint controllers and are jointly responsible for processing Your personal data.
Our data protection principles
- We process personal data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner.
- We will only collect personal data that is relevant to our customer relationship.
- We do not collect more personal data than necessary.
- The personal data we collect is up-to-date and accurate.
- The personal data we collect is erased when we no longer need it.
- The personal data we collect is treated confidentially.
- We never sell personal data to third parties.
- Our customers have a right of access to personal data linked to their customer relationship.
- You can obtain a copy of the data and can choose to have it erased from our systems.
What are my rights?
- Right of access and right to data portability. You have the right to obtain information about what personal data we process and how we handle it. As a customer, you have created a user profile with us and can log in to the app to see what information we have stored about you. You also have the right to download a complete list of the information in a machine-readable format so that you can transfer it elsewhere. You can get an overview by contacting us +353 1 223 8480 or email us: email@example.com
- Right to correction and deletion. You may request that we correct information that is incorrect. You may also request that your user profile be deleted.
- Right to restriction. You have the right to request that the processing of your personal data be restricted, for example if you believe the processing does not comply with applicable laws and regulations, or that the information is wrong.
- Right to withdraw consent. It is easy to withdraw the consent you have granted for the processing of your personal data. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to change your consents.
- Right to objection. You have the right to object to our processing of your information.
How do we use your personal information?
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
- We collect the following personal information about you: Name and contact information (e-mail, telephone number and address), date of birth, account and order history, position data related to the use of the bike, payment information, information about the use of our app, and information about your contact with us.
- While using Our Service, We will ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to: Email address, First name and last name, Phone number, and Address.
- Usage Data is collected automatically and may include information such as Your trip details, Device's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, browser type or OS, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Information Collected while Using the Application
- Rentals of an MOBY Bikes. When you create a user profile and rent a bike from us, we enter into an agreement with you. To fulfil the agreement, we must know who you are. We also need your contact information to send you information about and related to the rental. To manage and operate the service, we also need information about where the bike is located, which we get through GPS tracking of the bike. We can also use such position data to troubleshoot equipment and in connection with the implementation of the rental. To charge for the service, we need your payment information.
- While using Our Application, in order to provide features of Our Application, We may collect, with Your prior permission: Information regarding your location and Pictures and other information from your Device's camera and photo library. The information may be uploaded to the Company's servers and/or a Service Provider's server or it may be simply stored on Your device. You can enable or disable access to this information at any time, through Your Device settings – however, disabling them will limit the app to work as intended.
- Administration of your user profile and customer relationship. In order to be able to manage the customer relationship, we need to process your personal information registered when creating your user profile with us, including, among other things, to be able to respond to inquiries from you as a customer via our channels. We must also be able to check your activity in the ESB eBikes app to respond to inquiries about these services, for example by troubleshooting.
- Improvement and troubleshooting. We are constantly working to improve our digital solutions. This includes troubleshooting and error correction. If you contact us to report a bug or make suggestions for improvement, we can collect your contact information, as well as information about your use of our app.
- Customer insight. Your feedback and input about our services is important to us. Therefore, we conduct market research, make customer surveys and contact customers directly to hear what they think about our services. To conduct high-quality surveys, we use personal information to select who to contact. To provide you with improved and new services, we have the right to conduct such surveys.
- Development of new and existing services. We also process personal data to identify demand for new products and services and to improve existing products and services.
- Sharing of personal information. We may share certain personal information with our partners and suppliers. With our partners, it is relevant to share information that is relevant to the improvement of or the development of new products and services. With suppliers, we can share information they need to carry out an assignment they have received from us. These can be consulting companies, suppliers of analysis tools and the like. When sharing as mentioned above, we always enter into agreements that limit the supplier’s access to the use of the information, including that the information cannot be shared further. We may also share data with relevant research projects in which we participate. Personal data may be disclosed to public authorities upon request, for example when there is a suspicion that a crime has been committed in connection with the use of our services. We will not share or disseminate personal information in any other way than described here. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
- How long is the personal information stored? We do not store your personal information longer than necessary. This means, for example, that personal data that we process based on your consent will be deleted, if you withdraw your consent. Personal information we process to fulfill an agreement with you is deleted when the agreement has been fulfilled and all obligations arising from the contractual relationship have been fulfilled. For example, profile data is retained if you are an active customer with us and deleted after 3 years without activity. Order history is deleted 3 years after the last purchase (rent), but accounting information is retained for 5 years. Information on position history is anonymised, normally after three months, when there is no longer a need for a full history.
Help and contact
- Are you interested in what personal information we have collected about you as a customer, or what to delete something? Log in to the “My User Profile” section of the MOBY Bikes app to manage your consent.
- For enquiries regarding our processing of personal data, please contact us by email: email@example.com
- You also have the right to complain about our processing of personal information to the Data Protection Commission’s, view website https://forms.dataprotection.ie/contact
- Is there anything on this page that is unclear or incorrect? Then we appreciate your feedback.